Tuesday, 8 September 2026

PHOTOGRAPHY PORTFOLIO FOR NEA

Here are some photos I have taken for my women’s health magazine front cover, for the mental health edition. I took many photos and the one on the left is the one I find particularly emotive and striking. Her direct address is powerful and intense and the greyscale colour pallet I have further experimented with is particularly ‘moody’ and effective. The empty background contributes to the authentic magazine look, allowing for room to add cover lines without looking busy. 





I then experimented with layering and selected two images. I turned the opacity down on one and put it on top of the full opacity one. This was a convention seen often in mental health inspired photos. I like this effect and it will probably be one I use for the contents page rather than front cover as it may be too busy and the effect will be lost. 

   


These are some of the many images I chose, I ensured I got a range of angles and expressions so I had enough content for the inside pages and a successful cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mid-Way NEA Peer Review

 Mid-Way NEA Peer Review COVERS These are the covers I have created so far, I believe both the images to be very striking and powerful and I...